Friday 6 May 2011

Christo Exhibition

During my holidays I visited a small gallery in America that had work by the artist 'Christo'....

Christo (born Christo Vladimirov Javacheff, Bulgarian: Христо Явашев, June 13, 1935) and Jeanne-Claude (born Jeanne-Claude Denat de Guillebon, June 13, 1935 – November 18, 2009) were a married couple who created environmental works of art. Their works include the wrapping of the Reichstag in Berlin and the Pont-Neuf bridge in Paris, the 24-mile (39 km)-long artwork called Running Fence in Sonoma and Marin counties in California, and The Gates in New York City's Central Park.- Wikipedia



As I was already familiar with their work I decided that Christo would be an interesting artist to develop on from, as due to my brainstorming I started to see associations between the sagging face of the old lady I photographed and the cloth they drapped over buildings and bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment