Tuesday 3 May 2011

Life Drawing

As something offered in art AS level I am currently taking part in life drawing classes after school. I took part in one life drawing class in lower school and in a previous project compared my images to life drawings seen in the Hermitage art gallery in Russia. Although we have the option of presenting our life drawing at the end of the project, I have decided to incorporate some of my drawings into my pre-Raphaelite project. As part of their aim to present the beauty of nature, pre-Raphealite artists often presented their woman in the nude. I felt that this therefore gave me a lucky opportunity to experience something the pre-Raphaelites themselves would have often been drawing. The three drawings I put in as part of my project were all selected to show poses which I had seen in my own research.

No comments:

Post a Comment