Tuesday 3 May 2011

Colour Development

As a form of development with my photos and flower photographs, I did an exercise placing flowers onto a page and photocopying them, to make the petals looks like key areas of the face. This then encouraged me to practice my painting technique, however moving away from my usual style, I tried painting simply with large areas of block colour- similarly to how colour is shown in my photocopies. This exercise reminded me of work by Giuseppe Arcimboldo who painted faces made out of fruit.
On top of my interest in art, I also have a similar interest in fashion and follow many fashion blogs. Today I saw the following photos from a fashion editorial, and similarly to the Arcimboldo work I was reminded of my own experimentation.



No comments:

Post a Comment