Friday 6 May 2011

Jellyfish

After visiting a aquariam to collect photographs for my project I have decided to do some research into jellyfish, as they were both the creature that related most to my project and I found the most beautiful.

A big jellyfishA huge jellyfish
Picture of a jellyfishunderwater picture


The last image pays the most likeness to the jellyfish I saw, below I have done some research into this type...

'Moon Jelly (Aurelia Aurita): This is perhaps the most common and recognizable jellyfish in the world. If  Moon jellyfish are semi-transparent and have a shallow saucer-like bell shape. Their gonads are visible through their body and they look like four pink horseshoe markings. The moon jellyfish varies in size usually between 6 to 8 inches and 20 inches in diameter. Moon Jellyfish stings are mild and non-fatal.'- http://www.jellyfishfacts.mew/

No comments:

Post a Comment